Millions of children are exposed to head lice while attending school each year, and unfortunately, parents aren’t always aware of the lice infestations that are occurring in the classroom. If little critters were infesting heads at your child’s school, wouldn’t you want to know?
Luckily, the Texas government passed a law in September of 2017 that requires the following:
- Once they are aware that a child has lice, the school nurse of any public elementary school must immediately alert the child’s parents within two days.
- If a child has lice, the nurse must also alert all of the parents of his or her classmates so they are aware that head lice are present in the school.
- Although schools can decide whether to prevent a child with lice from attending class, the parents of the child’s peers must be made aware of the infestation within five days of the initial lice discovery.
- Parents must be sent some kind of official notice, either via handouts or electronic correspondence.
- Any notices sent to parents must include official recommendations from the Center for Disease Control for treating and preventing the spread of lice.
If you are notified of a lice infestation at your child’s North Texas school, the quickest and easiest way to tackle the situation is to connect with Lice Lifters Treatment Centers. Their experienced professionals can train staff members to perform head checks in the classroom and schedule emergency removal appointments as needed. Lice Lifters employees will even travel to the school to assist with the head checks upon request. For more information on getting Lice Lifters Treatment Centers involved at your child’s school, email email@example.com.
As soon as your child comes home with lice crawling through their hair, don’t hesitate: contact Lice Lifters Treatment Centers for lice removal at one of their convenient locations in Frisco. Their all-natural killing agent can immediately destroy lice activity without the use of harmful pesticides and chemicals.
To schedule an appointment, contact the centers at 972-805-1308 (Frisco location).
One Quick Treatment. Done! Guaranteed.
Millions of kids come home from school every year with lice-infested heads, and in today’s society, the little critters are becoming even more challenging to combat. Research has indicated that a new, potentially drug-resistant strain of head lice seems to have appeared in the U.S. in recent years. Although this sounds terrifying, it is still possible to treat super lice effectively. Here’s what you need to know.
- Super lice are basically the same as regular head lice. However, they are much more resistant to the pesticides found in over-the-counter treatments and home remedies.
- Texas has tested positive for these super lice, along with dozens of other states.
- Super lice infestations can be reduced with prescription-strength products from doctors. Although over-the-counter products do next to nothing, these treatments can help. However, they often contain harmful chemicals or skin irritants, so be cautious when using them. In addition, these treatments will only eliminate some of the bugs, and will not eliminate the nits/eggs. If every nit — including microscopic nits — is not removed from the head, they will re-hatch within 7 to 10 days, and a re-infestation will occur.
- Treating people before they actually have lice is a bad idea. One can become immune to effective lice treatment products if they are used as a preventative measure.
- The best way to clear a head from super lice is to visit a treatment center. Professional lice removers offer the most effective methods to eliminate the clingy lice once and for all.
If your child comes home with lice of any kind, it’s smart to assume that over-the-counter and natural treatments aren’t going to cut it. Contact Lice Lifters Treatment Center as soon as possible. They have location in Frisco, which offer emergency lice removal appointments for both children and adults. Their natural killing agent promises success in just one treatment.
To set up an appointment for lice removal, contact Lice Lifters Treatment Centers at 972-805-1308 (Frisco location).
One Quick Treatment. Done! Guaranteed.
If your child comes home with head lice crawling in their hair, your first instinct is probably to dash to the store in search of products that will kill the little buggers immediately. However, that’s not always the best course of action. Most over-the-counter products fail to actually remove the lice. Not convinced? Here are three reasons why over-the-counter treatments don’t work and aren’t worth your money.
- They often contain harmful chemicals. Ever heard of Lindane Lotion? It claims to remove scabies and lice, but the side effects can be dangerous. The World Health Organization labels the product as “moderately hazardous,” and people have reported feeling dizzy and sick after using it. Other products are also full of toxins and worrisome ingredients.
- Super lice are immune to the products. As lice have evolved, they’ve become more and more resistant to common treatment procedures. Over-the-counter products are especially inept when it comes to killing them. In fact, the failure rates of the products are only increasing, causing higher numbers of people to miss school and work until they can get rid of the lice.
- They’re expensive and ineffective. Most doctor-prescribed medicines and at-home elimination kits ring at $20 or more. One can easily spend hundreds of dollars trying to fight lice with products that are ineffective. Why waste the money on those products when the odds of completely eliminating any lice are slim?
The smartest way to quickly and efficiently deal with a lice infestation is to visit a professional lice removal service like Lice Lifters Treatment Centers. With reasonable prices and a special all-natural killing agent, the treatment centers’ expert Lifticians can destroy any and all lice activity with one treatment that includes no harmful ingredients. Their two treatment centers, located in Frisco, are open for in-office emergency head lice treatments and will provide a follow-up at-home treatment. There will be no wasted money and no useless products. They even can accept insurance through HSA/Flex-spending credit cards.
Call today to schedule an appointment with Lice Lifters Treatment Centers at 972-805-1308 (Frisco). One Quick Treatment. Done! Guaranteed.