Lice Lifters places a high priority on educating DFW families on how to deal with head lice. We know you and your children have busy lives, and we make it our priority to get you back on track as soon as possible. Don’t make the mistake of thinking a specialized shampoo is all you need in order to eradicate head lice and nits.
In this article, we’ll look at the best ways to free your hair of nits.
What is a Nit?
The nit is the unhatched egg form of head lice. The nit is usually glued to the hair near the scalp. Nits are not addressed by many common lice removal treatments. So, it’s important to know the best way to remove them.
How to Remove Nits
If you’re going to try and remove the nits in your home, make sure you have an area prepared with plenty of light.
- Have a towel handy – Put the towel around the shoulders of the person needing the nits removed, so that it will catch hair and nits that let loose during the process.
- Use a nit comb – These metal, fine-toothed combs are specially designed to help free hair of nits.
- Be patient – If using the comp, go carefully through each section of hair, to make sure no nits are missed.
- Wash your hair with a lice deterring shampoo like our mint-scented product. Mint naturally repels head lice.
- Make sure to clean your materials well after use.
How Lice Lifters Can Help
Lice Lifters knows how important it is to take care of head lice as quickly and thoroughly as possible. If your family is dealing with head lice, give us a call at 972-805-1308. We can answer whatever questions you may have. We have a variety of services available from take home kits to services our experienced personnel carry out on-site.